The Bachelor's Degree in Agroexport Engineering is under the direction of the School of Economics and Administrative Sciences (FCEA).
To train university graduates of the Agroexport Engineering Career with the competencies, skills, abilities and attitudes necessary to respond to the demands and needs of the agroexport sector, based on ethical and moral values, respect for the environment, with emphasis on the profitability and competitiveness of agroexport companies.
The formation of citizen leaders with productive and commercial skills, with a vision of agro-export management, capable of putting their knowledge into practice with creativity and critical spirit, using research and information and communication technologies, based on ethical and moral values.
To be the leading career in the agro-export sector, for its excellence in knowledge, development and application of sciences, as well as the generation of research and innovation capacity, responding to the demands of the globalized world.
The Study Plan of the Agroexport Engineering Career is oriented to political-philosophical principles that govern the academic work of the institution, responding to the current human need through general training and placing itself scientifically, materially and politically in the international environment through specialized professional training that allows man to act towards the scientific transformation of his environment, this plan includes seven disciplinary areas conformed as follows: General Training, Engineering Sciences and Applied to Agribusiness, Administration, Economics and Finance, Marketing and Commercialization, International Trade, Quality and Learning-by-Doing.
These are requirements for admission of undergraduate students:
- Pass the admission test for the higher level established by the Institution.
- Notification of having been accepted by approval of the National University of Agriculture.
- Proof of anti-doping test performed by a laboratory authorized by the National University of Agriculture.
- Health card issued by the Ministry of Public Health.
- Certificate of Conduct issued by the institution where he/she graduated.
- Two copies of high school diploma (both sides).
- High school graduation certificate (original).
- Original high school transcript, issued by the institution from which the student graduated.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- Original Birth Certificate.
- Police record sheet.
- Criminal record sheet.
- Two copies of your identity card (if you have one).
- Pay the fees established in the National University of Agriculture's Arbitration Plan.
- Sign a letter of commitment by which he/she voluntarily accepts to respect and comply with the present Bylaws, Regulations and Rules of this University.
The entrance profile integrates the set of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values that the applicant must meet and demonstrate to study any of the careers of the National University of Agriculture, in order to ensure their training at the end of their professional studies.
The student who aspires to enter the Agroexport Engineering career must show:
- Reading comprehension (Ability to read and understand what is read).
- Logical ability (having understood what is read, ability to transfer that knowledge to problem solving).
- Interest in social, economic and financial sciences and the agricultural sector.
- Aptitude towards socio-economic and agricultural activities, with a clear vision about the importance of the application of universal values, such as equity, justice, economic fraternity.
- Discipline, responsibility, autonomy and perseverance to study both with the direct support of the teacher and during their independent work.
- Moral, ethical and human values.
- Communication and interaction skills for collaborative learning.
- A proper attitude for reading, critical and creative judgment in order to be involved in the production process.
- Possess knowledge in the areas of: Basic Sciences, Mathematics and English.
To do so, you must demonstrate knowledge in the areas of: Basic sciences, mathematics, biology, English.
- Critical and constructive analysis.
- Adequate handling of oral and written language.
- Ability to use cognitive strategies for learning and/or a high willingness to develop them.
- Working in groups.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- Interest in solving agricultural production problems.
- Creativity and flexibility to get involved in innovative production processes.
- Sensitivity and empathy for decision making and the solution of Honduran agricultural problems.
- Communicative, participative, cooperative, attentive to the problems of the producers to whom he provides services.
- Open aptitude to achieve significant learning through field experiences.
- Interest in maintaining contact with nature, attraction for outdoor activities and ability to understand biological and social phenomena.
PROFILE OF GRADUATION
The Agroexport Engineering program defines that graduates are able to:
- Analyze and synthesize, teamwork.
- Interpret and evaluate international costs, prices and quotations.
- Formulate and evaluate agro-export projects and international market research, as well as international policy guidelines, trends and strategies to meet the challenges of their counterparts.
- Provide technical advisory services to public institutions and companies in the agro-export sector, using quality standards for export products, in order to comply with international standards and avoid penalties for non-compliance.
- Show sensitivity to food security problems, acting accordingly in the search for viable alternatives to improve the quality of life.
- Manage export procedures for agricultural products in compliance with national and international regulations.
- Organize the distribution logistics of agricultural products according to the type of product and final export destination and monitors the receipt of the products by the importer.
- Manage agro-industrial companies, in order to seek mechanisms to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in export activities, and to know the attractive exportable offer.
- Manage the quality and safety requirements for export of products and processes applicable to harvest and post-harvest of agricultural products, based on economic, social, environmental, regulatory and technological sciences.
- To know and evaluate containers and packaging for agricultural products.
- Develop international bio-businesses.
- To know the processes of international transportation of perishable cargo, methods of preservation of agricultural products and quality control in international markets.
- Evaluate the legal framework applied to agroexport management.